Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Whole Foods Hates Healthcare? (Not so Fast Hippie)

Whole Foods, aka "Whole Paycheck", CEO John Mackey, wrote in his Op/Ed piece in the Wall Street Journal recently, “A careful reading of both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution will not reveal any intrinsic right to health care, food or shelter.” Apparently, he's against health care reform! I already figured he was against food and shelter (he charges so much for food that you can't afford shelter). In retaliation to Mackey's comments, a group of left wing nutjobs who somehow read the above quote over and over without reading another word of the WSJ article, banded together and decided to take a stand by making a youtube video!

Watch below as these idiots make a mockery of the right to protest:


Before blindly taking their word for it, loading up a van full of jackasses and Molotov cocktails, riding over to the nearest Whole Foods and torching it to the ground, I decided to read the article for myself. To my surprise, Mackey makes a very compelling argument for preventative self-care vs. health care, speaks of a different kind of health care reform (one that doesn't force us deeper into debt) and offers a refreshing, educated opinion on the free health care systems in Canada and the UK.

I highly recommend you read Mackey's article in it's entirety. To do so, click here.

I know this isn't the typical Wolf Pack fare, but I guess I saw that bullshit video posted on one too many blogs today and well, sometimes you've got to call a spade a spade. Not only is that a poor excuse for a protest, it's also completely off base and uncalled for. I thought selective reading was for politicians, not Berkeley students. Go sit in a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment